Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
People are missing the big design thing with cogmap as a whole, it's separated into quadrants; command/sec, research/medical, personnel and engineering. This has potential for some effects (tolls, people claiming their quadrant as their own, etc) but the most obvious one would be damage control.
Issues such as these:
Vitaroll Wrote:Engineering could have special walls and windows that could straight up disallow heat transfer.
Nurdock Wrote:One thing that's bothering me a bit is engineering. I know that the layout was designed for the other engine, but with the current setup a hellburn is going to set EVERYTHING on fire rather than just the engine room.

Aren't very relevant. There doesn't need to be any special walls or doo-dads, as there's literal VACUUM separating engineering from other quadrants. If a fire breaks out in engineering, it will remain in engineering and wont spread to other departments unless someone has nefariously and maliciously designed it to be so. This makes fires a little less disastrous, but as a whole this is a very cool feature.

As far as the PTL goes, I do kinda agree that there could be some sort of bridge over the PTL beam could work, but this bridge is made of rods and can be cut with wirecutters. Something flimsy that would be better replaced by something mechanic orientated, but otherwise "just about works"

Messages In This Thread