Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Beginning Security Popup.
There've been a lot of QoL suggestions for sec lately and I thought I'd post this one with a little background. I just came off a month ban, which was my fault, over an altercation with a security officer and subsequent escalation that could have easily been avoided had the relatively new sec officer been familiar with procedure . Basically he took my stuff because I made him grow a beard, like my whole pack.

It's got me to thinking. Security is arguably just as difficult as any of the antag roles to do well. Antags get a popup at the beginning of the match explaining how to play them. Why not give sec one?

My idea is simple. We shouldn't expect that all sec have read t he wiki, cause that is naive. So if you roll sec officer at the beginning of the round you get a popup like traitors do. This popup has some tips "Don't use your baton on harm or it will stun you". Suggested reactions to offences "Don't give someone two minutes in the brig and strip their stuff for nonviolent/nondestructive crimes" and stuff that is important like "Don't strip a person's headset". Though that last one rarely happens it is still an important one that gets missed by even experienced players from time to time.

You could even maintain a thread for people to suggest additions and revisions. I think some guidelines and tips that pop up at the beginning of the round would be more effective than expecting all sec players to read the wiki. This would increase the quality of security players, even new ones, which in turn improves how sec is treated and improves the game over all for everyone.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Messages In This Thread