Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethereal Layer
I seem to recall a lot of these suggestions getting shot down in the past for some reason or another, like the ubiquitous "give ghosts access to VR" suggestion, but I see no harm in this. It's fun, provides something to do while waiting for the next round/borging/cloning beyond just playing on another server (because, let's be honest, the other servers don't tend to be very lively with the sole exception of #1 at times), and is almost entirely inconsequential to the goings-on of the actual round beyond, as mentioned, admin shenanigans or a choice few aesthetic mechanics.

I also seem to remember an argument being brought up that people would kill themselves just to ghost around doing ghost things, but that argument is sort of rendered moot by the fact that VR even exists at all, and also by the fact that the observe feature exists for pretty much this exact reason. There's also the fact that ban magic can be pointed at anyone who ends up managing to abuse this feature, somehow, and this feature leaves very little room for abuse in the first place.

Messages In This Thread