Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR 'npc'
Sundance Wrote:Unfortunately, this topic is a hotspot for strong emotional posts such as people saying that ghosts are not meant to have fun despite this being a game and/or people should go to other servers, despite that point being moot for over a year now.
Yeah, I never got that aspect. Like, this is something I spend my leisure time on. If it's not fun I'm just going to move on to something else. I get that you shouldn't want to die in the game, but just watching the round play out isn't always fun when the round is dragging on or no one is doing any particularly original gimmicks.

The VR ghost solution is a great idea because it gives bored players something to do, puts to use great content that isn't getting used enough, improves that content for living players that want to futz about, while bypassing a lot of the meta-gaming possibilities involved with random identities and gibberish.

You can do a whole lot with VR ghosts to beyond just dropping them in. The ghosts can be the monsters and creatures in the gauntlet arena, or the enemy pods for instance. It'll be just like that awful looking cartoon, ReBoot

Messages In This Thread