Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanics/Network/Computer Nerds
Zadeon Wrote:So how do you trigger remote signalers again with components?
RSDs send a packet when activated that activates other RSDs on the same freq with the same code. It looks something similar to "command=ACTIVATE&code=30" -- I forget the actual packet, but it's easy enough to figure out. Just hook up a wifi component to a soundsynth component and set the wifi component to whatever freq yer using with the RSD. Then activate the RSD. If you did it right, you should hear the packet from the soundsynth. You could also just use the packet sniffer from the ND cart. That's more accessible, anyways.

Once you have your packet, well, it's pretty easy to understand. I'm guessing you just need to know is how to send it. For that you need a wifi component, a signal builder, and for the sake of explanation let's say a pressure switch. Hook the pressure switch to the signal builder (the send option), and the signal builder to the wifi (the send option). Make sure to toggle the wifi as mentioned earlier, and also set it to the freq of the rsd you wanna activate. Then plug in your packet as the starting string in the signal builder. With this setup, the rsd will go off when somebody walks over the pressure switch.

Most people would use this setup to for hellfoams or bombs. I use it for autohonkers. Honk. Actually -- most of the time I just set up the autohonkers to a CU. Autoautohonking. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. Honk. "OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING!!"

NOTE: The signal builder might be excessive. You could try just changing the pressure switch's 'send signal' to the packet you wanna send and then link it directly into the wifi comp. I remember setting up honkers that way. I also remember calling the shuttle with just a button and a powernet comp. It's just that I've lately had some trouble with this method not liking ampersands. *shrug

Messages In This Thread