Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GENETICS
Anticheese Wrote:Can we get the ability to inject chromosomes into the potential genes of someone in the scanner?)
The way things are coded now i'm not sure that'd work. Is this worth doing, do you think? The only chromosome I think would benefit from this is camouflage, since stabilizer would be useless as genes activated from the potential pool don't cause any stability loss.

pizzatiger Wrote:this is a really dumb idea but can we use chromosomes to cause the computer to automatically make a gene stable AKA find hulk in a monkey and i use a chromosome to stablize the mutation instead of upgrading it (you can do that later).
You can already do this with stored mutations.

Roomba Wrote:I don't think there should be any mechanism that lets you bypass stability.
The stabilizer chromosome is rare and consumable. You aren't going to have a whole lot of them to be using - plus there's a maximum of five storage slots for mutations in the scanner. Having a ton of stabilized powers is going to be unlikely, plus to actually get the chromosomes you need to empower the crew. In addition stabilizing genes means you miss out on other upgrades.

Messages In This Thread