Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineering and Science!
Just a couple of ideas which I would think might make their departments a little more fun,

Port-A-Build, for the Chief Engineer. Essentially like the MD's Port-A-Med, only instead of dispensing medical supplies, it has a supply of glass and metal sheets, screwdrivers, wire cutters, wrenches, all the normal things found in a toolbox. Essentially like a more spacious toolbox, it would be useful for repairing bits of a station/dissembling things/generally being useful for Chiefs who like doing their jobs. As well as this, if it were possible to put things back inside it then it'd essentially become a more portable toolbox.

Spectrometer, a device for chemistry that when you put in a sample, say 10 units of a chemical, it will randomly give you 1 or more of the base elements. Say for example, you had 50 units of cyanide. Say there was a 60% chance it will give you a meaningful result, and there are 3 ingredients to cyanide (Oil, Ammonia, and Oxygen). Oil is Carbon, Hydrogen and Welding Fuel, and Ammonia is Nitrogen and Hydrogen. This means the base elements are Oxygen x 1 Carbon x 1 Hydrogen x 2 Fuel x 1 and Nitrogen x 1. The chance of any one of these is 1/6, so the chance of successfully getting any one component would be 1/10. I think this would be helpful for chemistry as it could help either some of the newer players who would rather discover chemicals by experimentation, and as this process doesn't tell you in what way they're mixed or how much of each, there shouldn't be any risk of secret chems being discovered from it unless they managed to get hundreds of units of them, and just found every component and then tried all combinations, which I imagine if they put that much effort in, they deserve to discover it. It'd be balanced out that the more dangerous chemicals are harder to discover, as they'd have so many base elements that recreating them would take an awfully long time.

Messages In This Thread