Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make the station more maintenance intensive!
Dastardly Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:My point is, aesthetic options should as replacing tiles, repairing grills and windows should be quick and simple tasks rather than the click click click why am i doing this mind numbing task. While destroying things such as walls should be particularly difficult.

As an engineer I've never really cared about making aesthetic repairs to the station. Making them faster and easier will still not motivate me to do them, because they are totally pointless.

babayetu83 Wrote:i like the idea but i don't think anyone ever wants to do boring grunt work

i feel like thats the general census here in the thread

Isn't that my entire point? I don't get tepid reaction to something that would improve and streamline a mechanic that is otherwise, like you said, grunt work. It'd take the whole grunt aspect out of it.

It's like the forklift. Ain't nobody likes dragging crates everywhere. But now with the forklift it streamlines this mechanic with the ability to carry THREE crates. That's like 3 times as many. #woah. #great.

Honestly the whole, "I don't do it, so why bother" is a fucking sell-out attitude. Guess what? I do it, because when i'm making a meth den with black-lights and reinforced flooring, I'd prefer it there wasn't shit all lying about from my construction. And i'd prefer it if there was an easier method at controlling those aesthetics. Faster methods of construction, that isn't the fundamentally flawed ABC-U (why does it have to be on a space tile? Why cant it just be a clear blank floor and requires no walls/obstructing turf instead?) and isn't the wall spam green eggs and ham RCD

Like to build a functioning room (or repair an existing one), it shouldn't take 40 minutes of monotonous clicking. It should take 20 minutes, of minimal clicking. If I want to build a shop and sell laser guns, then i'd like to do it before the escape shuttle arrives.

Messages In This Thread