Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
I was the AI during what ended up being a changeling round. Near the start of it, the Captain ordered me to bolt my upload, which I complied with. Cautionary measures, I'm down with that. Then I got blindsided by some dude running around cutting the wires to a bunch of airlocks, and while I was content with leaving it be for a while, it started getting to the point where the crew would probably suspect me of being rogue as fuck if I didn't say anything, so I said something. A while later, the offending wirecutter is beaten to death and all is well.

Then I notice some husks in the janitor's closet, but strangely enough, not a single report of the changeling is heard for a really long time...that is, until I happen across the Captain absorbing a fellow in Botany. Now having witnessed a non-human action, I was now free to make his life as much of a living hell as I wished. But then again, he had some pro hacking skills, so bolting him in wouldn't do me a whole lot of good in the long run. At this point, the Captain makes a beeline for my upload...but tries to activate my killswitch, not knowing that the AI is perfectly able of disabling its own killswitch. He runs off, having thought that was the end of that, but then I ask him why he just tried to activate my killswitch.

The Captain then goes back into the computer core and hits the killswitch button, only for me to veto it away. What followed was one of the most goddamn elaborate attempts at permanently destroying an AI without uploading a suicide law that I had ever seen, and the epic struggle lasted a solid thirty minutes. He hammered on the killswitch button for a while, then tried cutting the cameras so I couldn't click on the console; alas, I still had the interface pulled up and could still ignore the hell out of his killswitch attempts.

He tried cutting the power, he tried hacking into the computer, this man tried just about everything he could with the console short of blowing the damn thing up, and yet I was still able to deflect all of his attempts. But no, he was determined. At this point, he abandoned the killswitch and instead settled for moving directly into my core...only to find five heavy laser turrets and blast doors standing between me and him. He cut the chamber's power, and was looking to do pretty well, but his eventual downfall came from when he tried making a run for the Core APC. The Cap-ling took no less than five heavy laser shots, and by the time he was out of the line of fire, he was too damaged to be able to do much, repeatedly passing out. I had called the shuttle a while ago, and as it ends up, he was actually the only antagonist on board the station.

He was finally able to disable the turrets and had just staggered back out of their range when the shuttle arrived. There was no chance that he would be able to crack open the blast doors by the time it left, so I promptly deployed to my shell, puttered over to the shuttle, kicked back, and relaxed.

Even though his attempts were both in vain and more than a bit impractical, it was an incredibly valiant effort, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed attempting to oppose. Hell, I'm pretty sure he would've been able to get to me eventually, had I not called the shuttle when I did. All in all, one of the best AI rounds I've played yet, and one that gave me a rare chance to actually exercise Law 3.

Messages In This Thread