Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
So the stars aligned today. Or at least the future had a full moon.

[Image: 1c53958c90.png]

I wasn't terribly interested in being a traitor this round, I just wanted to work on artifacts. So I hobbled over to telescience and started warping artifacts in, while a fellow artlab worker by the name of Morgan Hawking (BYOND Key: Stratosphere) worked on what I snagged. Once I was done warping I piled the artifacts into the Artlab and joined him. The first few were nothing special, just some noisemakers that he sold for mad cash and a healer that was dumped into medbay.

...Then we got to the injector artifact.

Now, these things are almost always bad news; even if they happen to come with rare reagents for you to farm, you still have to touch it and make it inject you to get at them. Morgan was very unpleasantly surprised when he got pricked and immediately started screaming involuntarily, and I quickly scanned him to find the culprit - which turned out to be firefighting foam, histamine and, of all the inconceivable things, Imperfect Werewolf Serum. For the uninitiated, the recipe for this insanely obscure and rare reagent was removed due to a leak from a (now banned) player, and is the precursor to the holy grail of Chemistry research. It also does a hundred metric tonnes of TOX damage while it's in you and also decays into histamine, which wasn't helped by the artifact injecting histamine already.

Once I'd managed to pick my jaw up off the floor and stopped screaming that there was free Imperfect Werewolf Serum over the radio, I crammed a Charcoal pill down Morgan's throat and he ran off to the healer artifact, while the injector artifact was dragged off to the bar for some inexplicable reason; despite this, there were little-to-no fatalities from the imperfect serum injector thanks to the Paramedics being on the ball. Now free to carry out my machinations, I underwent the Chermist's tradition of relieving all the vending machines of their Discount Dan's for the ingredients I needed for the true Werewolf Serum. I already knew the recipe for it, but never got to create it for myself due to Imperfect's recipe being removed, and now I had my chance on the perfect day for it. I wasn't about to let it slip by.

...No, really, one of the factors for creating Werewolf Serum is that it needs to be the right day, quite possibly with weeks in between chances. There's a reason why no one who knew it ever made it while the imperfect serum was still createable.

Several injections, blood drawings, Charcoal pills, Discount Dan's filterings and avoiding one really rude laser pod at Chemistry's window later, I'd managed to scrounge up enough Werewolf Serum for a single transformation; as much as I'd have liked to get more for the rest of the crew, the Emergency Shuttle had been called and I simply didn't have the time to get more ingredients, it was now or never. A Boxer had wandered into the room, demanding to bare witness to the ultimate mockery of God and nature as we know it, and I obliged him by consuming the serum. It was a literally painful wait; it turns out that Lycanthropy, the disease that turns you into a Werewolf, has some really mean oxygen deprivation in its early stages. It peters out at Stage 4, and at Stage 5 I begun to lose consciousness and convulse several times - after which I wake up and howl as proudly as an accomplished Scientist-Werewolf can.

...And then the Boxer asked me to eat him because he was apparently already dying. This reminded me that I was, in fact, still a Traitor and was actually allowed to eat him. *CHOMP*

...Well, no, not really, I just bit him once. I wanted to get him to the shuttle and then eat him to scare and baffle the everloving shit out of the crew. But it turned out that someone who threw a (harmless) bowling ball at me really wanted to be my first victim, and things carried on from there. I finished the round with half of the escapees eaten and splattered all over the shuttle while the rest tried and failed to beat me down before time ran out.

I don't even care that I failed my traitor objectives. I won a fucking one-in-a-million chance to obtain and use legitimately-acquired Werewolf Serum as a Traitor, and even got to semi-rampage with it. NO REGRETS.

Messages In This Thread