Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space dungeon raid thing
Frank_Stein Wrote:I feel something like this would work better in VR. Get rid of some of the kart track, replace it with a couple of rooms arranged in a grid. Make it a little like a Zelda/Binding of Isaac/Nethack with randomized creatures, loot chests, rewards, obstacles, hazards and mini puzzles.

Every Time you enter a room you haven't been in before, the doors lock until you kill all the enemies/solve the puzzle. After this, the doors open, except for doors specifically left closed to create unique paths/act as boundaries or doors that require a special key to unlock.

Starting a dungeon, it arranges itself one way that stays consistent until you find the key that unlocks the door to the boss room. After defeating the boss, the dungeon arranges the next floor based on your current location, adding progressively harder monsters and greater rewards.

This way, bored people can still go do some weird fun thing in VR without it having any impact on the station proper.
Here's a shitty mockup of what the hell I'm talking about using a 5x5 room dungeon grid. The red line indicates the first floors path. The blue line the 2nd floor. And then this process would just repeat until you died or suicided out of VR.
[Image: Msl6LJv.png]

Also, sorry. I haven't seen your second dungeon, but if it's anything like the first I bet it was great.

Messages In This Thread