Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
I know it's been just over a month since Halloween, but I've been thinking: I don't think I've ever seen an actual spooky thread on here. Essentially, I want to see your guys' spooky stories involving the paranormal/normal/aliens/realmonsters. I figured I'd need to come up with something to break the ice, so here's something that happened to me and a few friends in highschool.

Code:
One night me and 3 friends did "The Dare", which is a sort of ritual thing where you get a mirror, matches, ripped up squares of paper, a pen... other things I probably missed. Anyway, you take these things and you go to a graveyard. Of course, we took a really obscure and out-of-the-way graveyard which happened to be next to an abandoned cabin with a chain-linked fence, behind it a jungle jim.

So this was kind of creepy, great. It added to the atmosphere. Mind you that this "ritual" had only one purpose, which was to scare you. It wasn't some satanic "give your soul to the devil and reap great rewards" sort of deal. Literally just a spooky thing. With that said, absolutely shit all happened. We had to write letters pertaining to the name on the oldest tombstone in the graveyard, and we did, and at the end of it we were left with 4 squares of paper that were supposed to spell something spooky. It spelled "JAWS". So, we spent the rest of the time there laughing about how "ooooh we better not go swimming tomorrow" and cleaning up our shit. But while we were cleaning up, somebody pulled in to this in-the-woods alley with one vacant cabin, and a graveyard. We were standing over a gravestone with our heads down at it so I had the brilliant idea to say "LOOK LIKE YOU'RE MOURNING".

So, that happened, and the car started moving again and went all the way down the alley thing. My friends started to cheese it, and I was walking all cool & calm (trying to be the one that wasn't really afraid of anything) like a dumbass, and I was way behind everyone else. Meanwhile, I see lights reflect off my friend's car window, and behind me the car was actually coming. Likewise, I cheesed it, and we just got out of there.

In retrospect, this was probably someone just going for a drive or taking their honey out to some obscure driveway in the woods, but we were already amped up from doing a ritual inside a graveyard. Needless to say, we were all spooked, but the ritual itself was sort of anticlimactic.

P.S. one of our friends was super religious and I forgot to mention to him (or anyone) that in the text was something pertaining to "if you pirated this shit you agree to have your soul given to the devil." I pirated it.  :v:

Messages In This Thread