Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys read on your free time?
Books, Comics, WebComics, news? What kind of stuff do you get into? Sure it might be 2014, most people don't have time for a real book but I am sure there is quite a few people that probably read SOMETHING! May it be on the internet or something more.. Physical..

Me personally, despite the fact that I haven't read a real book in awhile, I do enjoy this VERY long running webcomic called FreeFall, and for good reason. It's a sci-fi strip that the author likes to use real world science and physics and often explains some of it, showing his work you could say, throughout the length of it. The comic has been ongoing since 1998, And is about 2600 strips long!

The comic ends up dealing with a lot of hypothetical Artificial intelligence scenarios dealing around the 3 laws of robotics. To be fair its VERY worth the read since it reminds me of a light-hearted version of space station 13. Expect that the Antagonist is the main character of the story, being a alien sqid in a environmental suit. He is known by the people as a notorious thief and con-artist on a human terraforming colony. He has a Android he has been corrupting with his ideas for a long time, however the droid itself is pretty much a child mentally, and the main character has been using that to teach it things like its ok to steal from humans, and finding ways to get it to bypass the 3 laws (Yes those 3 laws). Here is some examples of the comc.

Strip #1022

[Image: nZdobin.gif]

Strip #1618

[Image: kyht3b4.png]

Strip #1624

[Image: gZFaOZU.png]

Messages In This Thread