Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is creepy?
Natsumehack Wrote:The Line I draw is when something stops being absurd like a bad B horror movie. Cutting a person limb off, and hitting them with it yelling "stop hitting yourself" Is just absurd and funny. The Moment they start acting real in-depth about what they are doing, putting detail into things that don't need it, and stop trying to be absurd is the point I begin to get the feeling they trying to creep me out.

Agreed.
The issue here isn't extreme torture. Torture, even extreme, can be funny in the right setting if it is done in a playful light slapstick kinda way. Fake mustache supervillain-esque escapades. There's literally nothing in-game that a traitor shouldn't be able to do for a pro-longed period of time, even if it is injecting someone with various poisons and medicines for 30 minutes to pro-long the agony, or sending someone through a mechanic portal that sends you through a gravity loops that tears you to pieces, all the while stopping at least once per cycle so the villian can step over and fart on you, or sleep-penning someone then chain-sawing off all their limbs before feeding their barely living torso to a man-eater.. That's all dandy (isn't it?). At least it should be for gimmicks. It is lame walking down a corridor and keeling over because of initro. Boring. (To a means of an end of course)
The pro-longed torture can be interesting for the victim, because in the end, they are alive. Tis' the nature of the game. Many escapades i've seen ends up with the victim making it out alive or cloned and the insane traitor cuffed or lynched because he ran a gimmick, and gimmicks are hard.
It is the context of the matter. Not what they do, but what they say and how they do it. The how they do it part really is down to how one emotes it. I dunno.. Am I wrong here?

Messages In This Thread