Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroponics Feedback
Val Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:Alright, here it is! The write-up!

Blow up the gene manipulation machine. That's right! Get rid of it! This is Hydroponics, not Botanical Genetics! In its stead, since we now have hydroponic trays proper, let not the trick of plant mutation lie in gene manipulation, but instead with watering/feeding plants with the crap found around the station.

I am in total support for this
Let plant genetics by a physical process of constantly interacting with the plants to get new stuff, rather than a metaphysical process of clicking away at a dull pop-up screen.
Introduce chemical genetics like Val said, gene-splicing through forced cross pollination to produce wacky spin-offs, over generations of plants.
I want when an assistant asks me "Wow how did you make that funky rainbow weed?", I push up my nerdy botanist glasses and say "Well, this 4th generation Arcus Iris Cannabis was produced through the forced pollination of Cannabis and Psychobilin under a solution of stable mutagen", and at that point I get pushed over and farted on, but fuck it was worth it.
Doesn't that sound sound so much more satisfying than manipulating things randomly?

Messages In This Thread