Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg Discussion (Cogwerks)
Val Wrote:Secborg problem #1: "OMG SECBORG OP BAN HE"
I think the main reason it was removed was because people whined about secborgs being too powerful or some bullshit like that. Antags would get bowled over by a secborg just because they're tougher than a puny human. Non-antags get bowled over by a rogue secborg because they're stronger than a puny human.

Basically, being tougher and stronger than any other player mob is bad and supposedly unfair. Since when was this game concerned with being fair? Weapon-wielding traitors aren't exactly fair against anyone else who doesn't have a gun. Changelings aren't exactly fair against non-lings. Wizards aren't fair against muggles.

you seem to be ignoring the fact that goonservers cater to whoever is the antagonist during any current round. an inhuman superman that is tougher and stronger than any other player mob is bad, and is unfair to the antagonists.

Val Wrote:Secborg problem #5: "Beepsky makes secborg unnecessary"
Do floorbots make engineer borgs unnecessary? Do medical borgs feel envy at medibots? Are digbots better than mining borgs? Why pick janiborg when floorbots are so much more efficient? The firebot gets away with being totally useless, however.

The answer to all of this is no and "because". Hence, secborgs wouldn't be inferior to or unnecessary in the presence of a securitron. Bots and borgs are completely different things. This is a stupid argument and if you argue this you are a stupid 8-)

i'm stupid, so i'll say this. there was a round of wizard a month or more ago where i dragged a securiton with locked settings around behind me. as soon as it caught sight of the wizard it hunted him down, stunned him, and to get away from the cuffs he clicked Blink and ended up in space(i know this will probably hardly ever happen anymore, but still).

imagine that with a ranged weapon, treads, and speed and propulsion upgrades. also controlled by a player. i used to keep a shortlist of people in my head that i'd even consider giving this module(whether they asked for it or not) because it was just that shitty of a thing to visit upon the crew. sec borgs are fucking awful and i'd really hate to see anyone but an antagonist have access to them.

Messages In This Thread