Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for helping low-pop servers
Fox McCloud Wrote:
Zamujasa Wrote:At the same time, some of the people on the very-low-pop servers don't actually want to play and are just there to experiment or test shit you can't usually do on a full-pop round.

Especially since on v-low-pop people are usually pretty chill and won't just come toolbox you.

One server set to extended/respawn on/sandbox or whatever would take care of the non-players, removing one server so there's two "real" servers would at least make a sufficient population to have some activity.

Agreed on this, it would also give people who wanted a more roleplayish environment to do so (still fully optional, of course).

In any event, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you a bit here, Bubs. Even back in November-December, when there were only two servers, one would end up with nearly all the population, and the other one would have, at best, about 15 players (still 1-6 during the late night hours), and people still treated the low population servers as they do now; a place to do research and try new things. Even if 2 servers are eliminated, I'd be willing to bet that #4 will still be super crowded and the other server will still be fairly quiet. I can understand where you're coming from though, I just don't think that eliminating two servers will be enough to make the remaining secondary server reasonably active.

But it did before! I remember when we just had 1-2 (or 1 and 4??) and I usually played on 2, because I preferred a less chaotic round. (typical pop during high hours was maybe 25-30 and low pop during was 6-15) Maybe our population has declined to the point where that isn't viable enough anymore.

Messages In This Thread