Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance drones
bubs Wrote:Being dead is a punishment, first of all, and giving dead people a prize is stupid.
Because the person that joins a late round, is immediately acid spat on, absorbed, and spaced by a changeling on the arrivals shuttle, is an idiot for dying and needs to be PUNISHED by sitting on their thumbs for the next 40 to 50 minutes. I don't know about everyone else, but when that happens I just decide to play a different game altogether sometimes.

But yeah, I was just throwing out repairs as suggestion for some actual use of the bots. The fact that they would be easily killable, the time delay for how fast they could be made, and that the machine that makes them could be destroyed were meant to be balances against the potential damage they can do against a traitor. I'd be happy with just a sticker gun, though.

hatmadder Wrote:what if we just have these repair drones be something you can toss a brain into like a borg? Maybe if you toss and NPC monkey brain into it just does its job like a floor bot or clean bot would do.

This is also a great idea, separate from giving dead players something to keep them engaged in the game beyond just spectating.

Messages In This Thread