Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance drones
I've been fucking around with a local copy of baystation and I've noticed a a neat feature that I think we could use in Goonstation. Namely - repair drones. Those are a very fragile bots that are being controlled by ghosts and aren't slaved to AI - they have their separate ruleset. Copied/pasted directly from the game -

Quote:Obey these laws:
1. Preserve, repair and improve the station to the best of your abilities.
2. Cause no harm to the station or anything on it.
3. Interfere with no being that is not a fellow drone.
Remember, you are not bound to any AI, you are not required to listen to them.
Systems rebooted. Loading base pattern maintenance protocol... loaded.
You are a maintenance drone, a tiny-brained robotic repair machine.
You have no individual will, no personality, and no drives or urges other than your laws.
Use :b to talk to your fellow synthetics, :d to talk to other drones, and say to speak silently to your nearby fellows.
Remember, you are lawed against interference with the crew.
Don't invade their worksites, don't steal their resources, don't tell them about the changeling in the toilets.
If a crewmember has noticed you, you are probably breaking your third law.

To eliminate metagaming issues, the drones probably could communicate with other drones and only listen in to the binary chat as well as normal station radio.
As for the functionality - the drones themselves could be limited to a single tool slot and single sight slot which would allow one to have a single tool out at a time as well a flashlight or meson scanner and perhaps a 10k battery.

Messages In This Thread