Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concept: Vampire Overhaul
Alright. So, on-again-off-again on here I read people complaining about how Vampires are either underpowered or overpowered, and when they are actually able to do stuff their entire schtick boils down to a super-powered murderous rampage that is exceedingly difficult to stop due to a number of factors, and overall is just boring. I thought about it a little bit, and came up with some ideas that I think might help if they are doable.

So here's the gist of it:

#1: Give Vampires two new abilities. Firstly is the ability to make new, lesser vampires. They shouldn't be able to infinitely self-propagate, but it should be enough to convert 1-3 people. The second is the ability to convert people into zombies, which both vampire types should be able to do. The playable kind of zombies that eat brains and such to make more zombies. Vampires and Zombies created by vampires should be mind slaved to their vampire master.

#2: Give Vampires new objectives based on these mechanics. Instead of assassinating people like a traitor might, their goal is to turn specific members of the crew into their vampiric progeny, and convert a certain number of crew members into zombies.

I'm not sure how vampire mechanics would need to be adjusted to make this balanced, or how the above abilities would need to be balanced to not be impossible to deal with, but the idea of this revised Vampire would be to have some station-threatening goals that can be fought against but which removes few people from actual play while letting them cause an infestation of undead that slowly threatens to take over the station.

Messages In This Thread