Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borged Traitor = ???
Sundance Wrote:why are people getting annoyed exactly? Is some traitor getting someone to Borg him in a normal Borg suit and carrying out his objectives? That's fine, if he's following his laws. Otherwise he should be straight up banned. If he's being borged in a syndie Borg suit, then why are people complaining?
For reference: If I remember correctly, the issue was that the person in question eats roburgers (so no helping hand required) to accomplish objectives which are easier to perform as a cyborg and then simply ignores whatever laws are in effect to kill people. Infinite medical patches and the like. I've been told some admins are okay with that, not that I necessarily agree with this opinion.

Quote:What would actually happen:
traitors don't get borged= less work for the roboticists, more likely traitors will not get revived at all, instead left to rot.
Because, let's face it, nobody is going to Borg a traitor if you know every time he will be a syndiebot.
I'm afraid this would be the case. From what I can tell, the playerbase sees robotics as a viable alternative to give a traitor a second chance. The cyborg can still have fun as a jerk, but at least it isn't an outright danger to the crew. Automatically turning them into Syndieborgs would solve the round end stats problem, but I doubt it would actually be for the better. After all, how often do you see a changeling's brain put in a robot suit? People do remember that they used to be able to (maybe still are) use most of their abilities and just shapeshift out of their metal body completely.

Messages In This Thread