Mentor Application: LeadRobot
Addendum:

After being daunted by the apparently complexity of the game back in the Donut days I eventually started up playing when Cogmap first released. I spent my first fair while working in medbay; weeks I guess. Since then I've branched out into just about every job on the station, as well as spending a fair bit of time tooling around with the different z-levels. I've spent my share of time as a traitor, changeling, nuke ops, wizard and even a vampire, once, and I've spent even more time keeping the peace with security. Since starting I've started seeking out my Spacemen fix more and more. I barely play other games anymore. My Steam friends weep for me.

These days I mostly play station heads but it ends up being arbitrary because I usually just negotiate for full access and amble around trying to keep the station powered and in some semblance of structured chaos.

I try to keep a pro-fun attitude whichever side I'm on and generally like to try to help a guy out if I can. I feel I'm fairly proficient with most of the mechanics in game, and as such I feel I'd make an excellent mentor to new members of the community. I like helping people. On more than one occassion I've spent entire hour-long rounds lecturing new players on the ins and outs of MedSci. I figure if I'm already doing what I can to help new players and promote community retention then I might as well formalize it and get the title and mentor chat and all that good stuff.

I'm not perfect. I've made a few enemies along the way through incompetence, misunderstanding or the occasional griefing, but I play it by the rules and don't cause much trouble and I feel like that's the best anyone can hope for.

I hope you don't think too poorly of my for my previous posts. I am a lazy lout, but I didn't mean to be disrespectful to you folks.

So please consider me as a mentor. I feel like I could help do a lot of good.

Messages In This Thread