Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap 2: *** UPDATE TO BYOND 509 ASAP ***
Please don't worry about the intercoms and wall decal stuff right now, those are all being reworked. Also the transitions between walls and windows look better in-game when the autojoining process runs, I just didn't feel patient enough to manually place all those border pieces manually.

Quote:Just a suggestion for the new walls. They look cool but they have perspective problems.

Would it be possible for the walls to change to different perspective sprites depending on which side of the wall you on?

No, that's not at all practical to do. Also the entire game has perspective issues. I kinda regret even showing screencaps with the early graphics redesign stuff since everyone keeps griping about things that are obviously gonna be fixed, and that's not even my project so I'm tired of talking about the details of it. Saying the walls look bad because of the wall-mounted junk isn't very useful when people keep repeating it, it's just gonna annoy the shit out of the guy who is working on both of those things already.

The new map layout is still in a fairly early stage.

Super useful feedback for this part of the process: general traffic issues, room placement and proximity, mood and aesthetics, department interactions, access issues, stuff like that.

Things that are not useful at this point (but will be later on): worrying about specific items in rooms, requests/complaints about things that don't exist yet or are still major works in progress that other people are doing, minor room details, etc.

Messages In This Thread