Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasers are bad. Stun bullets too.
I removed the detective-lock on the .38 because it was really silly that you couldn't steal his gun and turn it around on him. Putting them in the sec vendors was also an attempt to make those things more attractive for looting - although I could put a pricetag on it, maybe? It's a lot weaker than a laser, certainly. Revolver fights are really fun though, they're more entertaining than taser fights. It's just another option to make more play styles possible. Chump guards who pull a revolver out at the wrong time are pretty likely to have it stolen from them asap anyways.

As far as discouraging guards from going after petty crime by only giving them lethal ammo, I don't really agree with that idea at all. If you have fun arresting people for vandalism or trespassing or whatever, go right the hell ahead. Probably not the best use of time or resources if there's a rampage going on elsewhere, but the possibility of traitors being around doesn't make all other crimes irrelevant if the traitors aren't generating much radio noise yet. Security's job isn't to be a paramilitary force, they're supposed to maintain public safety and order. I like to think of them as being more like mall cops or county cops way in over their head, not traitor-hunters who only go after people they're allowed to kill.

I'm hoping that this change will make tasers a little more interesting to work with and work around, it's not really meant to be a huge nerf. Just complicates things a bit past "zap once, you won."

Messages In This Thread