Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Derringer SHOULD work.
Cogwerks Wrote:--- edit:
reverted the extra ammo change, sorry.

Quote:(I reiterate, 2 telecrystals for 2 bullets, a total waste)

The coder who made the derringer wants it to remain as a two-shot weapon of last resort, and according to buylist tracking, it gets used quite a lot already. It's one of the most purchased items, it surpasses the revolver box.

Quote:The *wink may be panache, but it's useless and meta. Anyone seen *winking will be immediately looked at.

Deal with it. The winking and alert about removing a derringer from a mustache or sunglasses is the punchline to that gun, that's why it exists.
"It's meta" isn't really a meaningful criticism when it's a joke item anyways.

From the guy who made it:
"...try to keep it's role intact, i.e. not a weapon for open assaults"

The problem isn't that it's two bullets. I didn't suggest more bullets, 2 is fine and I agree with the original coder about if not being a weapon for open assaults. But it's two bullets that you are likely to miss because first you have to type it out, then you get a big message:
Sundance Feely winks
Sundance Feely pulls the derringer from his shoes!

The issue isn't the pulling the derringer from your shoes part, it's the winking part that's meta, because if you see someone act suspicious then they wink, chances are that person has bolted for the nearest door. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of pulling the derringer out of random parts of your clothing and that should stay, but the *wink is pretty damn redundant, nor does it add to the punchline. Giving it a hotkey + an ejecting sound then having the funny quote of pulling it from their shoes is far better in my ever humble opinion.

Another thing that I totally forgotten is the fact when you strip someone, the derringer just falls out on the floor, which is also lame as hell. The derringer should stick to the clothing and should only be brought out by the message. This way you could bring a derringer into jail with you.

Captain_Bravo Wrote:[Image: Bl0qg9l.gif]
Real mature.

Messages In This Thread