Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Derringer SHOULD work.
Sundance Wrote:And stop suggesting typing ANYTHING out, it makes it look like you've never used the derringer.

If you think three keys is too slow, you've got to be pretty unrobust in general. x-space-enter is probably the fastest and easiest compromise available and honestly I'm a little miffed you not only replied to the concept as a side note In a post to someone else, but also went as far as to make some sort of sweeping statement about people's play experience?

I've never had trouble sneaking up on someone, typing ctrl-v-enter, and shooting them rather quickly. You can do it with one hand, never taking your other hand off the mouse. No loss of flow.

I suggested making it an obscure command name since you seemed opposed to the idea of using ctrl-v.

On top of that, since you're one of only two people bothered by this, why not drop 10bux on a mouse with keybinding capability? That's what I did; I mapped all the keyboard shortcuts to it and the game plays much faster in general. Heck, just map "ctrl-v-enter" to middle click and you've just created that button you want! Wow!

In fact, I bet the mouse you're using right now is capable of such a thing for free with sone free software!

Honestly, with such a small number of people who care at all about this sort of thing, I don't really see the point in paying special attention to them when client side fixes are available and easier than coding a fix.

Messages In This Thread