Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Derringer SHOULD work.
Quote:What? This is stupid. If it becomes a command, you can just click it on the command page. It solves your problem, as you can type something out and click the button once you speak. There's no reason to make the derringer a hotkey if making it a button fixes the problem that you set out to solve. It's a simpler, more reasonable fix.

Use the noggin you were born with son. Having it on the command page means you have your mouse scrolled over the right hand side of the screen, you click it, then you have to scroll your mouse back over to the left hand side. Like I said, no flow. And stop suggesting typing ANYTHING out, it makes it look like you've never used the derringer. If you have you'd realise typing anything for a quick trigger weapon is awful (A quick trigger weapon that you payed 2 telecrystals for and only has 2 shots I should add) Having it fit in a pocket like suggested would actually be better (although a bit redundant as the whole point of a derringer is being able to conceal then quick-draw it) as you don't have to scroll your mouse as much, only from your pocket to your target.

I think peeps are missing the point. Right now, the only advantage of a derringer is you can conceal it. Good luck quick drawing it. This fix would make it exactly how it should function, drawing a gun asap.
If you have it as a hotkey, you can have your mouse scrolled over your unsuspecting target, hit a hotkey to draw it, and bam you've shot him in his stupid face in one quick movement.

Marquesas Wrote:I...
I...

I agree.

Note, though, that if all 6 positional keys can be used as hotkeys, Insert is still unoccupied; while I understand why the MMB might be a comfortable choice, there will just be too many accidents from this. Alternatively, I'd suggest keeping everyone happy and adding a Toggle for MMB Derringer, when it's off, Page Up/MMB will switch hands only regardless of the amount of derringers hidden on you.

The person who I thought wouldn't completely gets it, a pleasant surprise. The middle mouse click is totally a comfortable choice, although I could imagine many (albeit hilarious) accidental quick draws.. So toggled off middle mouse doesn't activate it, toggle on, middle mouse does? Adding a toggle in the command would be a smart fix.

Messages In This Thread