Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RP is actually more fun than classic
(10-24-2024, 06:17 AM)Mouse Wrote: I don't know where this idea of "you can't do gimmicks on classic" comes from.  People do gimmicks all the time.  Sometimes their gimmicks get interrupted by things beyond their control, but that's just part of playing a game with other people.

You can also RP stuff on classic, its just not required. Most people will go along with gimmicks like you said about sometimes you get a health inspector to come shut you down. Sometimes you get interrupted by nukies or something but thats part of playing classic, something crazy can interrupt you at any moment, and that's what I like about it. 

For example one round recently I was playing a clown disbelief character as HoS and the clown decided to pretend to be a voice in my head telling me to fart on the captain and whatnot, other times ive been interrogated as to why I didn't arrest the clown (clowns aren't real!). Though this is my only example of gimmicks ive run multiple times I believe it still shows that this kind of gameplay does happen on classic, assuming it doesn't is only going to further discourage it.

Escalation and gimmick antags can also happen on classic, for example I recently spawned as ling and decided to spend the round just messing with sec without actually killing anyone, they knew i was a ling really early but still engaged in a fun back and forth with me. Until the MDir I dna stung into me (i had eaten a body in the morgue) nonhumaned me and the borgs crushed me, which was kind of boring both for me(the only antag) and the Hos, NTSC and experienced officer id been messing with and IMO is the only part of classic I dont enjoy, one round theres a rampager with a csaber killing everyone and nobody cares, another theres an antag just being silly and they get beat to death even when sec is perfectly capable of dealing with them (HoS, NTSC and veteran secoff V 1 ling)

Messages In This Thread
RP is actually more fun than classic - by Outie - 10-18-2024, 05:49 AM
RE: RP is actually more fun than classic - by Cal - 10-23-2024, 03:37 AM
RE: RP is actually more fun than classic - by JORJ949 - 10-24-2024, 11:50 PM