Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
This topic got revived again... but this time for:
"Why is the line drawn for certain rules?"

As someone who got warned a few times for language like saying b****h (not calling someone that, but I say it like "Ah fuck")
I did apoligse for it and never done it again. No need to argue with admins.

But... I do find it odd that P****y is banned. As it's probably the weakest slur on the list. Let alone the multiplue meanings to that word and what it could mean. (like cat for example).

The reason "DICK" is allowed is because of names. If you ban "Dick" you ban people who are named "Dick" wich would be a "DICK MOVE"
Again multiplue meanings strike again but Dick is seen as an actual name that people can have and punishing someone for using an OFFICAL NAME is kinda rude.

But I seen this debate several times and I believe the admins always say this:
"We ban certain swears and slurs depending on the cultural reference to them."
Words change over time and their meanings too... but the admins do not have to discuss how bad every word is and their historical and cultural reference.
And while I understand while something like FUCK, a known heavy slur/swear is allowed. Where as "That word in a song about a P-cat" isn't can be where an odd line is drawn. But it's not sweat of my brow. I barely swear in the game as is.

The 18+ debate has been going on alot and if we are gonna bring in rating systems... this again changes over time. SS13 is over 10 years old.. a whole decade of change and trust me when I say.. I seen "All Ages Movies" where they swear once and even show nudity from way back in the 90's/80's.
Some games even have some scary / crazy stuff yet 7+. Why? I do not know.
So we can say rating is kinda whack over the decades.... but honestly... I do NOT care if we are 18+ or not.

Overall I find this debate still abit silly, but atleast in this case wanting to know why you want to draw the line in the sand is not a bad thing. Clarity leads to understanding after all.

Eitherway... I think we picked enough at this debate and I don't think it ever needed this much pages.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Kotlol - 10-24-2024, 02:24 AM