Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
(10-23-2024, 07:54 AM)AGreywolfe Wrote: I get that Goon admins want to foster a more kid friendly environment but there's way worse shit in this game than the language. My point isn't that the rules are inherently bad but that they only serve to restrict language more than needed and, by nature of the game, fail to make the situation more "kid friendly" than other games like COD.

The language rules have nothing to do with children, full stop. I don't want to be called slurs or hear sex talk, and I'm 36. It's not about making a "family friendly" game, it's about cultivating an atmosphere that isn't shitty.

Other than just responding to other posts to clarify things, I'll make my own response:

I do not support changing the age limit on Goonstation.

The only thing that changing the age limit would do would be "criminalizing" being under 16/18. The kids are still going to play here, but now they feel like they need to hide things, right out the gate. I would rather not interact with someone who's hiding being underage. I would also rather not have kids be put in rough social situations and feel like they can't talk to people (especially admins!) because they're afraid of being kicked out.

Frankly, the way you treat teenagers shouldn't be all that different from the way you treat fellow adults. What, you have to be less crude? You have to be more thorough when you explain things? You have to overlook an emotional reaction? Just do that anyway. It's a better way to treat anyone, regardless of their age.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by jan.antilles - 10-23-2024, 08:54 AM