Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
I never weighed in on this because ultimately I don't think anyone's going to like my answer on any side of the discussion. However, may as well put it out there because of a recurring theme of "but there is already adult content in the game so why not just make it 18+"

I would be 100% fine with making the game 18+, but then I wouldn't shift the rules in any way to reflect that change. While of course I assume everyone here has the best of intent, I've had too much personal experience trying to moderate people who are legally adults in an adults only space doing things that adults do but actually behaving like absolute oiks. My agenda for supporting a shift to 18+ is entirely motivated by making it marginally easier for admins to assume you're not a child and that's about it. No "but this is an adult space" counterarguements, no "We're all consenting adults here" just "You have to be 18+ to be here, but you still have to act like that's not the case"

This is obviously probably not a popular take for the multiple people who have fairly voiced their opinion, nor probably people who are content with the status quo. I'm cool with that I'll work with whatever result we end up with. But if it ever ends up being a legal thing, I'd endorse this route over anything else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Lefinch - 10-23-2024, 07:45 AM