Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
(10-23-2024, 06:08 AM)AGreywolfe Wrote: No, but I also don't expect my arm to be torn off or to be fed meth at the grocery store. And I play here so obviously I can control my speech, but it doesn't mean I don't see the blatant hypocrisy of the rules enforcement vs the setting and major themes of the game.

Right, but that doesn't happen to you as a player when you play the game. You, as a player, can choose to have your character use words/phrases that are permitted by our rules, or you can choose not to and then have a conversation with the admins about it. Fitting within the accepted communication format is something that is everywhere. People who don't don't typically stay welcome in that environment for very long.

I think framing the inability to use "adult" language in this space as "hostile to adults" is an incredibly hot take.

(10-23-2024, 06:44 AM)Meowgical Wrote: I think by permitting and signing off on extremely young players, we put them at risk of seeing content that is wholly inappropriate for their age and something they are not at the maturity yet to be exposed to, absorb the scenes infront of them and impact of them in a healthy manner, and respond to accordingly.

Children will continue to play games that are rated above their age, as they always have done. By keeping the expected audience stated as 13+ (or 16+, whatever) we acknowledge their presence and that is part of our strategy towards protecting them. I would much, much prefer the "downsides" of allowing our younger players to keep playing (honestly I don't really see many at all) than pretending they don't exist/banning them as we find them, which only caters towards an unsafe environment for them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Mordent - 10-23-2024, 07:09 AM