Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Uncuff while moving
So while I think uncuffing yourself while moving is neat. In the end.. NO ONE LIKES THE UNCUFFING AND NO MOVING MECHANIC!
Not even security.

For crooks it means 40 seconds of not doing a SINGLE THING and getting interrupted by a simple shove or push.
For security it means giving someone a nudge each 40 seconds while interogating.

Neither side is pleased with this.
Cause for both you are stopping to interrupt the flow of RP (or whatever classic wants to do with searches). Just so your perp doesn't uncuff and tries to book it.

I had so much times as security where I put someone in their cell, uncuffed, them and they try to bolt for it, hoping to shove a guard or run past a guard to freedom.
ONe tried 4 times and at that point I was like: "Cuffs stay on, you now are detained 5 mins for multiplue breakouts." And even asked the HoS: "Hey can we banish this guy?"
Cause if you try to do the whole shoving past me 4 times and I have to stun your butt to take cuffs off and you still want to get up (vampire fyi). You aren't being funny.

So I rather NOT have crooks being able to uncuff themselves while moving, cause now the meta shifts to being constantly baton'd till someone grabs you and being baton'd constantly or being held by a security officer during interrogation.
THATS JUST BOTHER SOME BOTH TIMES 2.

We don't want two security guards for each antag at minimal to just "Search them"

I insted recommend we "Change" that mechanic all together on an interaction level.

Like for example.. a chair you can put a perp on and they cannot remove their cuffs at all. This ALONE would make interrogation and searches a moment where the antag has lost. (of course changelings can get out of it)
But yea a special chair in each interrogation room to signify: "This guy with the cuffs is now stuck having to deal with security, security has WON at this point"
Of course there will be ways to get out of this chair as certain antagonists too.
Changeling would slip free, Vampire could turn into mist, Traitors could use their "Break free" chip to get out of the chair. But others not so much.

But if you want to add the whole "moving and breaking the cuffs thing" then security will need to have a counteract against it wich is not "STUN THEIR ASS 24/7" since that is even LESS FUN.
The point of cuffs is that when they get on and security is there.. you lost. What I don't want is security having to baton someone 24/7 and treat em like a Vampire or Changeling just to keep em down/cuffed.

I also suggest ONE MORE THING.
You can uncuff and move, but not be "Running or Sprinting"
As that would exert yourself too much. This would stop simple shoving to end your action if you are in "walk mode"
But it wouldn't end in security having to Yakety Sax chases everytime a perp is cuffed and starts sprinting off.
Already just walking would allow a perp to move tactically but in a disadvantage, but now random staffy number 10 cannot grab them drag em or shove em out of the escape.

Messages In This Thread
Uncuff while moving - by Chomusuke - 10-19-2024, 05:57 AM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by LeahTheTech - 10-19-2024, 09:55 AM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by klushy225 - 10-19-2024, 01:16 PM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Breezeshadow - 10-19-2024, 08:13 PM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Lt487 - 10-19-2024, 08:28 PM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by JORJ949 - 10-20-2024, 01:18 AM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Kotlol - 10-20-2024, 04:08 AM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Glamurio - 10-20-2024, 09:36 AM
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Kotlol - 8 hours ago
RE: Uncuff while moving - by Kotlol - 4 hours ago