Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RP is actually more fun than classic
The bar for escalation is, has been put to me: sometimes as simple as "I am going to kill you now" It's nice when people make a good show of it I think, but also sometimes you're pressed for time. Dying is very much part of the game, and most rounds are going to have bad guys. Always make an effort and always escalate, but at the end of the day the antagonist is just that: There to antagonise. So level that SPAS-12 at people and say "run" Invite people into your office for a "team building excercise" and then promptly eat them! Don't be afraid to be eaten or die too. There's usually ways to be brought back, or participate directly still in a hive mind, or just get some popcorn in the afterlife bar and watch the chaos. We have some regular people who literally just watch the round. It can be fun.

for changelings, I recommend on RP in particular remembering that you can indeed have those chats, you can also sting other things! maybe sting a mug of coffee, and give it to your good friend you're having a chat with and weirdly discussing about being "peckish" to.

I'm glad you're having fun on RP too! I like RP a lot and would agree, but I also think that it's great we have both servers as options. Sometimes, people want to just engage with the game mechanically, they might not enjoy having a character and want to be themselves, speak as themselves on the funny space station. You also get the advantage of a few antagonists that just don't quite -fit- RP for various reasons. So for a lot of people, classic's exactly the experience they're looking for and while I'm a bad advocate for that (because I'm a sucker for the RP) I'd be rude not to admit one of my top ten rounds was on classic, and classic's what drew me into the game. It has its charms.

So I agree, but also: Hey, you do you, and maybe in turn try a classic round time to time if you're in the opposite place and only play RP. The worst thing that happens if you try something you haven't before is you discover "Oh I don't like this" for either of them.
Or do what I do and accidentally log into Heisenbee occasionally, and be briefly very confused.

Messages In This Thread
RP is actually more fun than classic - by Outie - 10-18-2024, 05:49 AM
RE: RP is actually more fun than classic - by Lefinch - 10-18-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: RP is actually more fun than classic - by Cal - 10-23-2024, 03:37 AM