Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taskstation event/series
Okay, yeah, I can kind of see the premise behind this. Could be fun for more short form palette cleanser rounds. I guess the key thing is to think of a wide enough variety of tasks that you can supply a task to (making some assumptions here admins only use it when the pop roughly fits these bounds) 50-80 people, which seems like more of the challenge. I think you yourself get this because of your point about "for private servers" I do think you could pull this off though.

Or, like you say you go the other way and only crack it out for low population, like off-peak, which would be more manageable. You also have to factor in that whether you give the judging role to the admin OR a...well a protagonist in this case? That's still a tremendous amount of work to go around and judge anything more than a very small group of people, unless you have multiple judges.

But here's my thing: If it's a small group of people, I'd actually say "Have you considered just trying this for yourself on goonstation/pretty much most ss13 servers?" Be the captain, be the clown, run your own taskmaster in a round, give a silly prize. I've seen mastermind, I've seen deal or no deal (Both lethal and non lethal) I've seen comedy night (outside of events) there's nothing stopping you if you sell it from getting five or six people (which seems ideal for this format) and just doing it yourself. There's nothing *inherently* beyond the bounds of what a player can do in this idea, especially for goonstation so why not cut out the Man and just run your own show?

Messages In This Thread
Taskstation event/series - by Garash - Yesterday, 09:10 AM
RE: Taskstation event/series - by Lefinch - Yesterday, 09:59 AM