Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Make Vomiting more Debilitating and Visceral
I have absolutely zero personal concerns about vomiting so let me talk about the other side of things as we've got good coverage for that aspect in the discussion and I agree let's not make people feel ill playing funny space game. Instead, what does vomiting do for game flow.

The basic vomit premise we have right now has always very, very mildly rankled me. It's far less obtrusive a partner of the Four Janitorial Horsemen of the Dirtpocalypse (Blood, Flood, Clutter and vomit I'd argue vomit is weirdly in a race for last place between it and clutter, wheras blood and floods of liquids tend to take the top spot) RP wise for what's a pretty unpleasant thing. However, it's afflicted quite a few different ways which makes it pretty common to see. Thus, it also serves a purpose to make mess for janitors, give medical doctors some kind of basic tell things are wrong etc. It is another sign of a station in decay and reminds me of playing Theme hospital when you've begun to have it all go horribly wrong and all your hallways are full of people being sick, rats and the dead.

So it's doing a lot of gruntwork and I'm personally leery of touching that too much, but I also agree that its one area of suspension of normalcy required to play the funny space game kind of, again quite mildly, annoy me. Ideally, there's some kind of new middle ground out here where you make vomiting more of a rare, unpleasant event (without sound, just as a physiological thing) but you preserve the legwork vomiting does for the station's flow of work. I have no idea what that is but in the mean time I wouldn't want to really change this up without something really neat to replace it with. I do think the basic premise that how vomiting works is kind of weird from an RP perspective is true, but I guess I'm stuck kind of shrugging this one off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Vomiting more Debilitating and Visceral - by Lefinch - 10-11-2024, 07:33 AM