Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.47 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
I think the initial post comes in with a bit of a loaded opinion about not being 18+. Goonstation just followed along from Byond being 13+, as server that actively avoids adult content and has cartoon violence (although opinions vary here on how strong the violence is) it would make sense there wasn't much real thought to put an age rating on it.

(10-05-2024, 11:16 AM)GreenJelly Wrote: Speaking solely as myself, I am seeing some quite good points being made in this thread for raising the age restriction; JOELED especially brought up some things that clicked with me. 
I was neutral to the idea previously but I may now be leaning more towards at least raising the age to 16+. I will definitely keep thinking on this and reading people's thoughts on the issue.

Jelly

I generally agree with the concept of the server 16+, both for player maturity and violence. I also generally agree with the admin posts above that putting an age requirement on would be largely meaningless.
I see some posts speculating that the allowed content would change but I can't imagine the team having any desire to do so. The current rules aren't based on protecting children, it's for the content and tone the team want from the server.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Katzen - 10-06-2024, 06:43 AM