Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.47 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
Okay I seen some good points of making the server give a clear 18+.

One is obivious and I will paraphraze it: "I don't feel comfortable that teens could be around and we are okay with it while it's a clear adult game."
This is probably the best reason and while paraphrazing it sounds "dumb" the actual post in the last page goes pretty well in depth.
I am not changing my mind on the other hand to enforce it.

Cause again as people point out: "Teens will lie and be in the game regardless in any game even 18+ ones."
All we are doing now is put a sticker on and say: "No teens allowed (16+/18+)." But they come in anyway... it's just you feel conciously fine that we do not condone it.

And that's just what this age thing is... "Clearing the concious to know we make aware what is the right thing."
And while it fosters a safe community and may have dark undertones and possiblities by raising it to 16+ cause of cultural implications.

I still think both sides are overly concerned about situations (and this comes from me the guy who is overly concerned about a lot of things). Both sides come up with great scenerios and arguments that raise what is right but to me in the end still....

"It doesn't make a lick of difference guys"

13+ , yes Teens can join, but you can't do Sexual stuff CLEARLY! We foster a silly game where swearing like FUCK is allowed and fart all day like juvenlines.

16+, We still do not allow sexual stuff, but we are saying we do not allow young teens but some teens but we are also saying this game is violent but not really
(This is just a weak comprimise that in the end pleases neither side cause it doesn't fix either concern, it's that weird middle ground of "We changed it and did nothing")

18+ Rules say no sexual stuff, No teens allowed but it gives a big red neon sign of "Yes, we are consenting adults here." Atleast no minors allowed so they are safe.
(And this one still doesn't change much. Cause weirdos be weirdos)

In the end my standpoint is "I do not care if it changes or not, since the only thing it changes is your conscience and who sees the "welcome sign" of goonstation.
But in reality... I never knew what the age rating offically was on goon. I figured it was 18+ since it refers to drugs and violence and you can swear like a sailor.
So is adding 18+ to the mix really nessarcy like that? (Seriously I didn't know TILL the topic was brought up)

But eitherway... devs, admins, players, mentors. Whatever you decide, I do not care. I just wanted to throw my final hat into this topic to say... "Why not hold a poll to gauge community worries then discuss and worry about it?" Right now we are going to debate till it's done and done.
But why not check what everyone thinks with a good ole poll?

We do not need this topic to hit 5+ pages. Just poll it... see the results then discuss futher.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Kotlol - 10-06-2024, 01:55 AM