Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Let's make "example pieces" to explain rules.
(10-05-2024, 03:30 AM)Lefinch Wrote: Do you have any examples of a rule that you, or you think others regularly would be helped by having a specific example? Not to make you do all the work sorry I'm just trying to picture how exactly this would work, or if there's something I'm missing in the idea.

Escalation rule in RP comes to mind mostly, but going through the rules I can safely say...

After you’ve selected a job, be sure to stay in your lane. While you are capable of doing anything within the game mechanics, allow those who have selected the relevant job to attempt the task first. As an example, breaking into medical and treating yourself when there are medical staff present is not okay. Choosing captain just to go and work the genetics machine all round is not acceptable.

While the captian example is good. It doesn't say what when it's "FINE" to go outside your lane. Cause in reality... a lot of people go outside their lane to do stuff.
For example when I do chaplain gimmicks, I try to include engineering but sometimes I gotta wait 15 mins before i get help. Sometimes I just grab tools from the storage and do it myself. It's not fully clear when it's outside lane there.
I have seen a lot of people go outside their lane since they got access to it and want to do their own thing preparing stuff. It's accepted.
I seen engineers build their own bars/cafe's and compete against the bartender, it's funny but.. are they also being outside their lane?
This is one of those rules that needs abit more enlightening. (it's never truely fine to go outside your lane, but sometimes you have to or else nothing gets done kinda deal)

And this is just one of my examples. Well I understand the rest fine, I know some people are like: "But that's not waht the rule says." (again mostly escalation rule comes to mind with this but I had it too with other rules like grieving I once had a debate with someone who wasn't grieving when I ahelped a griever.)

I like to say that I am "smart enough" to understand the rules. But I see a lot of players struggling with some rules saying it ain't clear.
Though in some cases they just feign stupidity like the language rule (seen that a lot of times)

So insted of going: "let's fix the rules I see struggled the most"
I am going with: "Let's just give perfect examples to everyone to make minimal confusion"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make "example pieces" to explain rules. - by Kotlol - 10-05-2024, 08:43 AM