Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.47 Average
i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else.
To be honest, i was like ~12 when i played high-violence games like gta 3 or the first manhunt. Although i was certsinly too young for the latter. I feel i would be very pretentious when i advocate for a pg 18 rating on a silly gane with highly abstracted violence.

Personally, these kind of arguments are over-protective of humans who are, theoretically, able to handle the concepts if death, violence and the common human life. And teenagers should at that age be able to understand these concepts.

So, let's ask what things we need children to protect against:
- Realistic despiction of violence
- sexual content
- other people

The violence despicted in this game is abstracted in a way that no official site would give it a 18+ rating. Heck, even 13+ is a fucking huge stretch, looking at modern games and tv series. Whst is described in this game is not realistic violence at all.

We got sexual content covered by our rules. And the only way we would lift it to 18+ would be to allow sexual content in the game/discord. And i hope noone wants that.

Creeps/Groomers and others are also covered by the rules. That is a risk, but it is important to combat that by creating a safe space where people can tell/report when they feel uncomfortable. Forcing prople to hide their age by going 18+ would -make the problem worse-.

Theres a last question to ask: do WE want minors on our server? It can be tiring talking to teens. We need to restrict our speech/topics. That's taxing and i believe it's a valid question to ask if we want to work with that. It also makes some topics always very iffy to play, like i would not do romance RP on this server, except with an metafriend.

But seriously: if i want to talk about my relationships, personal problems or health-issues with other adults, i got better places than a silly farty spessmen game. I just want to project a red chainsaw over a barely human sprite and pretend im gutting them like a pig.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think goon should be an 18+ server, like everyone else. - by Lord_earthfire - 10-05-2024, 12:38 AM