Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Detective Colt Single-Action Job Reward Buff
(10-04-2024, 01:33 PM)Guv Guvington Wrote: While I don't hate the idea of buffing the Single-Action, my main concern are antag dets just insta-magdumping you.
While this can be excused with "antags are supposed to be strong" and "there are way stronger traitor tools like the shotgun", the issue with THAT change would be that it also applies to normal detectives.
We all know overzealous secoffs and dets who will shoot an antag in the middle of their roleplay to get the drop on them.
Imagine that, but with a detective who can fan 7 stun bullets into the antagonist in an near instant.
Thats the issue.

One way you could do this, just one suggestion that might work to counter this: 

Make it an action bar. 

The Detective stands, hand hovering over his pistol, they're about to fire.
[action bar of length proportionate to how good you want this to be, letting people frankly get the heck out of dodge if they want, or smack said detective silly for showboating] 
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. 

I do agree that I feel the sentiment here is "cool points" not "effective combat" and to me this particular suggestion actually gives a heads-up that it's about to go down to antagonists, reducing that "I must get the drop" habit. If you want to go big: you're doing it with a telegraph.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Colt Single-Action Job Reward Buff - by Lefinch - 10-04-2024, 02:45 PM