Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs.
(09-29-2024, 02:15 PM)Emimiyu Wrote: Ngl, if floor designer "is too much of a grief" while you can just law 2ed borgs to not... make things a bit too ugly looking. I have an anecdote for it that we don't remove lightbulb manufacturer over "being grief potential". As someone with eye problems, I have seen borgs being lawed into putting as much as lightbulb it is to the point the game is physically unplayable and giving me neausea and migraines. Not just me, some players also have an issues with this. Yet it happens only 2 rounds out of thousands rounds I have played, and what people do is to ahelp the players who put this law, then people learn that putting items that changes the game brightness too much is bad.

Floor designer isn't as utile as lightbulb, but if I can see lightbulb being used as a grieving tools that gives me literal physical illness (not being hyperbolic). A floor decorator shouldn't be treated as worse than it. There are better argument than what if one borg doesn't want to follow law 2 and grief.

Unlike the floor planner. Lightbulbing takes time and isnt a '1 click and it's done' process.
So when you see a borg do it. You can just smash the lightbulbs. And yes.. I heard about this problem.

But the lightbulb generator costs power and you can just grab a crowbar and smash it.

Floor planners can only be removed by another floor planner. 
And sure it won't harm people in anyway...physically. It's hte fact to reverse it requires the same tool wich means ordering it from cargo, wich comes out of their budget. So a potential outcome is... Cargo wastes money since antag, gets into AI, makes floor planner scheme happen, cargo has to wait for other departments to give them stuff to sell so they can undo their traitorous companion's work. (Albeit mining can easily fix this fastest)

It's the fact that the suggestion says: "Starts with planner on module" So the moment the borg is rogued... they will start redecorating the everything and crew has to take extra effort into undoing it.

Messages In This Thread
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kateaclysm - 09-28-2024, 12:06 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 04:26 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 09-28-2024, 06:08 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-29-2024, 02:23 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-30-2024, 01:42 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by ju45he - 10-03-2024, 03:55 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 10-03-2024, 10:34 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 10-04-2024, 08:16 AM