Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs.
(09-28-2024, 10:00 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: an easy solution is to glue it into rewriting the module in the rewriter. that way a human has to enable it or w/e.

(09-28-2024, 04:26 AM)Kotlol Wrote: So while a fun idea, I fear the outcome is worst. Like much worst.

if you assume the worst out of everything, then why bother ever considering the positives of an option? this is a culture issue.

Quote:I can see this becoming something of major annoyance since now we want a crewmate that's a redecorater too so borgs don't get bothered all the time or the AI.

time is a flat circle. we used to have a "construction worker", which had those tools as its starting equipment, as well as a (somewhat overpowered) RCD. people were afraid of grief with the rcd, so rather than nuking the people actually abusing the role, it was completely cut, and the tools folded into the construction crate.

chaplains especially love to bling out the station's chapel with it. some people do the ancient temple stuff, some make it all overgrown, it's neat. and a lot better than boring cult crap.

Well I would like chapels to be more customizable too as a chaplain player. 

I believe we nuked Ghost Drones for grieving problems too with the "Cardboard Construction Thingy" 
But yes... simply locking it behind a simple "can we turn this on" button would be nice.

We lost a lot of fun options due to possible grieving like the AI core locked behind MD. Construction Worker removed to have their stuff be bought via cargo.

And thus I bring up the concern of it. It's a good idea, but not thought out how to deal with possible grief and such. Even I had ideas that were good where I forgot to overlook some aspects of the idea and was like: "Oh yea.. this kinda breaks things or can be abused."

It's more or less I do not want repeats of the past. As someone who knows the floor planner can cause some major annoyance in the wrong hands (when it fell in my hands as a clown it always ended up in shennigans like "clown road" ) There is a reason why some of these powerful tools are locked behind things that are a lil harder to come by so it won't get abused each round. And simply adding: "Borg spawns with engineering kit can now redecorate the whole station" is one of those easy hoops to go through.
But by having it be added by a robotcists (wich gives them something to do) or an upgrade module they gotta make. Suddenly it's on the same level as obtaining it as a crewmate (if not maybe slightly easier). Thus balancing borgs and crewmates and also avoiding grief abuse.

My "crewmate wants a redecorater job too" is because of the nature of accesiability. Anyway by simply having a few additional steps being added to activate this tool on borgs medigates all concerns. Cause now no one can spawn as a rogue (aka griefer) borg and start vandalizing things while crew has to buy it to undo it's damage or wait for a non rogue borg with the same tool.
That's the main concern.

Messages In This Thread
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kateaclysm - 09-28-2024, 12:06 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 04:26 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 09-28-2024, 06:08 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-29-2024, 02:23 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-30-2024, 01:42 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by ju45he - 10-03-2024, 03:55 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 10-03-2024, 10:34 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 10-04-2024, 08:16 AM