Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs.
I'm pretty ambivalent about this, because I do like people decorating and think that 90% of time borgs would use this in a really fun and delightful way but also do have reservations. I will fully admit part of my reservations is unrelated to the idea but more a personal concern about extremely pushy borg players pushing past the "assisting the crew" part of the job and acting more like the role exists as a staff assistant with a master key who is suspiciously deaf to crew requests. However, that's not really the idea's problem, not representative of the majority of borg players and very ahelpable so let's focus on the positive part of letting people do more fun stuff.

Here's set of compromise suggestions: Gate the decorator behind either cargo (just like human equivalent) as an upgrade OR A asteroid loot crate item, or a more complex robotics fabricator item requiring a little mining first. Or something else that should require a second human being/player to sort out.

Alternatively, stick it on either a job module toolkit, or if you want some scope creep: Make an interior decorator job module toolkit that is less an engineer more about dispensing things like wood tables, banners, clutter, etc.

There might be some better options, all of the ones I've put I also think don't -quite- fit: Putting it behind cargo is awkward, asteroid crates means it can't be planned for, the job module thing isn't much of a gate etc. But I really like the intent behind the idea and don't think it's a bad thing as long as like the construction kit: there's some theoretical supervision before purchase.

Messages In This Thread
Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kateaclysm - 09-28-2024, 12:06 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 04:26 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Lefinch - 09-28-2024, 05:30 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 09-28-2024, 06:08 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-28-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-29-2024, 02:23 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 09-30-2024, 01:42 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by ju45he - 10-03-2024, 03:55 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Kotlol - 10-03-2024, 10:34 AM
RE: Floor Designer Upgrade for Borgs. - by Cal - 10-04-2024, 08:16 AM