Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Station Goals and Corporate Rewards
I know this is a bit...nutty but I don't think it's beyond the scope of possibility. It's an idea I've had for a while about station goals and I tend to agree that it's be nice to give more feedback to station departments about those zany things they all do.

I'd switch the whole thing around in an ideal world: Instead of pre-set goals and data collection on round end, I'd instead be on the look out for regular "Crazy" things each department can do and pick one of them to talk about in the round credits. For example:

THIS ROUND
Engineering: Made (and forgot to withdraw) 1 million credits from the PTL! / used 302 mechanical components! / Placed 800 floor tiles! / Loosed the singularity! (nth times)
Cargo: Made 500 Jumpsuits. / Ended up with a budget that needs mathematical expressions to display / Bought 60 skateboards
Medbay: Used the cloner 35 times / administered 600 hypospray doses / Used a very strange reagent on X
Robotics: Replaced 12 arms / Built 6 screenheads / Something to do with law linking?
Botany: Grew 14 different kinds of plants / 800lbs dry weight of weed / Grew some very WEIRD seeds
Custodial: Mopped eleventy billion tiles / Caused eleventy billion slips / Responded heroically to nth number of crisis alerts
Security: Used a stun baton nth times / ate nth bites of their donuts / slapped cuffs on people x times

You get the idea, probably with some better (and more code-trackable) things to report on, and probably some kind of ranking system so as to report the more "interesting" stuff first in the credits over the less. Every department gets -some- feedback about what they did even if they couldn't do OTHER things. There's definitely some trackable information happening in every department. However, I appreciate that just throwing this idea out and going "Yeah I have no idea if this is doable also you'll have to code it" is a thing, but since we're talking about providing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Station Goals and Corporate Rewards - by Lefinch - 09-13-2024, 07:31 PM