Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Station Goals and Corporate Rewards
other servers typically have an overarching "station goal". the ones on tg i'm familar with generally involve ordering some parts from cargo to initiate it and then on-station needs. i'm not really familar with any of them outside of the dna vault.

"bluespace artillery" or whatever requires manufacturing and assembling some goods for what is effectively a station-equipped gun to blast thinsg with, i think.

there's one for shielding or something? i forget. some stations have that built in and we have meteor shield generators so i dont think it would really work.

the "dna vault" is one you buy the starting kit for from cargo, set up somewhere, and then scan various crew, animals, and plants. this is the one i'd usually see attempted on monke when i checked in.

Quote:This could be for medical it could be the production of chemicals, cyborg assembly, genes, or damage healed.

some of these run into the same problem that job exp (to be removed, eventually! probably) has: gaming. especially if you tie it into "stretch" goals.

"medbay needs to heal 1000 damage"? ok, get an assistant to touch a lightbulb while law 2, heal them with a mender.

you also run into instances where a department simply cannot do the thing required of them, and that makes everyone feel bad. "artlab needs to correctly analyze 3 artifacts"? i hope you're providing them, and cargo is staffed + able to ship them, and someone is manning artlab, because otherwise it's too easy to end up without -- and if any one of those parts fails, anyone else who was trying is failed by it, and that's not really good feeling for anyone.

these are also similar to requisitions, where cargo needs (department) to make / achieve (thing).

(in general, i think more objectives is good -- more than just "ship to cargo to make number go up".)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Station Goals and Corporate Rewards - by Zamujasa - 09-13-2024, 05:22 PM