Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Make Ai able to leave from game by cryo unit./ AI AFK interface
Definitely a solid point, but nothing stopping robotics making up a new AI regardless. I also like the idea of new AI's being "Shipped in" though it's more of a side thing, the idea is just funny. I was previously just imagining handwaving the concept and allow the AI to pop in the discarded shell, or some kind of "Announcement: Backup AI online" thing.

One thing to bear in mind is that of course the suggestion is that it be like cryo, so that in that case, the AI itself could just go into "suspended hibernation" and come back later if they didn't actually use the ghost command. I think that's good, but I also think that if we did it like that we might want a clear distinction between "Player of the original AI has just gone into AI cryo" and "Player has used the ghost command and not coming back"

Alternatively, making it a one-way trip makes the process simpler, but loses the advantage of letting the player return (We all need to take calls or use the loo or scream into a pillow for five minutes sometimes) and really the same's achieved by suicide so it's a bit redundant as Meaow already covered in the original proposal: which is all a bit wonky. Having a different method to duck out than suicide also prevents the weird guessing game of "Did the AI player just need to leave or did something bad happen?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make Ai able to leave from game by cryo unit./ AI AFK interface - by Lefinch - 09-10-2024, 02:44 PM