Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic
(08-31-2024, 08:14 AM)Glamurio Wrote: You do realize that cloning already exists, yes? If this was going to be an issue, it already would be an issue, cloning gets you back in a minute vs. 10 minutes of sitting out entirely. Unless you're blowing the cloner first thing in the morning, I don't really see why you're so worried about it. 10 minutes is a long time, and does it really matter if they fix the bridge 10 minutes before the shuttle leaves? Think of the people you inconvenience when you rampage and destroy half the station, I think allowing some of them to rebuild after 10 minutes (again, pretending the cloner does not exist) isn't really so bad.

A good chunk of people don't get cloned, you can prevent people from being cloned through various means, and also cloning has plenty of discussion regarding its issues. The issue here is less of "rampagers can't station wipe", it's more that antags doing things independently tend to deplete the station of crew. With this change any long term dip in station pop isn't possible as people will just respawn in ten minutes, which will hurt the momentum of antags a lot.

I'd be for a respawn timer on classic, I just think 10 minutes is way too short and Id prefer it to be closer to 15-20 minutes. I get that a respawn timer that long means that you miss a good chunk of the round, but death currently makes you miss all of the round (and also death shouldn't be convenient anyways)

Messages In This Thread
RE: thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic - by Ikea - 08-31-2024, 08:31 AM