Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic
(08-30-2024, 12:45 PM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(08-30-2024, 12:35 PM)Ikea Wrote: I think a respawn timer is worth testmerging that being said I think a ten minute respawn timer would hurt antags severely. A key part of classic (at least for me) is how some rounds can snowball out of control and a big reason for this is that crew oftentimes die at a higher rate then antags. Killing a security officer matters a lot less to a round if they can just come back as a staffie ten minutes later and fight you again. The game also doesnt like to add midround antags and this would probably need to be adjusted if this change went through.

the word "just" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here; 10 minutes is a long time on classic, and someone going from sec to staff just to show up and fight the antag again would be a pretty clear violation of the "new life" rule

It's not that people you killed will immediately chase you down, it's that you can't really take people out of a round with this change. Unless you kill someone in the last sixth of a round, they will respawn and then can go onto helping the station. It doesn't take long for a person to grab construction tools and begin repairing a hole, or join as doctor and begin healing people. It just makes the action of antags much more reversible because death is now much more impermanent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: thoughts on bringing the 10 minute respawn timer to classic - by Ikea - 08-31-2024, 07:47 AM