Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prep time and pay off (Discussion/talk)
(08-30-2024, 02:53 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: This is very much a "the goal is the way, not the result"-situation.

Though, if you really want to play with the payoff, you got to git gud. The 'ol classic "10 minutes and be ready to kill" applies here. And for many things, save maybe the most insane things like T3 chicken eggs, this is not a problem with optimization.

I do agree my examples aren't the best but it got me thinking of it.
I do think some things should be "GIT GUD"
But this doesn't apply to "Botanist/Chemist/Engineer" won't help you. Now it's not a "Skill issue" now it's a "I can't do the thing cause the department is being fussy"

You kinda narrowed it to "skill issue" but some things aren't skill issue.

But it did give me a great way to point out the problem: "10 mins and be ready to kill."

"I am a botanist antag, by rng kept mutating my seed and I ran out of chems since everyone is doing botany today. Now I can't make what I want... and I gotta wait for chemistry or a harvest to get back on track"
Now it's not a skill issue since some plants do just "randomly mutate" especially if you want to work for seething tomato's for example and if everyone is rushing for 10 mins.. you will run out of stuff... so now at 10 mins YOU GOT NOTHING GOOD DAY!
Now is this fair? Well yea... it's 100% fair to be a sad antagonist in a while.

But there is nothing more anger inducing then your plans ruined by elements beyond your control before they started.

The problem with preping for pay off in the end lays in some factors that aren't in your control wich is fine, it's a game. But sometimes you know... what if it could be lessened so it is always a "skill/knowledge issue"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prep time and pay off (Discussion/talk) - by Kotlol - 08-30-2024, 10:09 AM